Environmental Inspections + Solutions
A complete physical for your home or office.
If you are concerned that your families health symptoms are possibly the result of poor indoor air quality in your home or that your commercial building has Sick Building Syndrome (SBS), you need a Healthy Home Inspection.
Our highly trained environmental inspectors can investigate and typically find the source of whatever is making you feel badly in your home or office. We can locate a bad smell, gas leaks, mold or water damage, or if you’re worried about allergens or VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds, such as formaldehyde).
FixAIRx has years of experience helping home buyers and owners, doctors, patients, landlords and tenants, businesses, condominium associations, architects, real estate professionals, and contractors. We can ensure that your home or work environment is healthy and not endangered by contaminants, ventilation, or construction problems.
PLAN AND DETAILS
|FULL Heathy Home Investigation||
|Full Chemical (VOC) Analysis||
* Air & Surface Sampling for Mold identification and quantitative VOC counts require laboratory analysis.
Extra Mold Air & Surface Samples – are an additional charge.
Mold Lab Results in 24-48 hours / Full Chemical VOC Lab Results can take 4-5 days
Here’s what we’ll do … top top bottom:
We always start off with an interview. We want to listen to all of your concerns in order to understand your goals for the investigation or inspection. Including your goals for fixing any problems we find.
Based on the goals of the inspection, we will modify and customize the following points as needed.
- Examine ventilation, air flow and building psycometrics (how your structure breathes). Air flows from lower areas, such as crawlspaces or basements, into your home during the day (the “stack” effect), and down from attics at night – both of which can cause problems.
- In the attic, inspect for chemical or powder deposits, moisture/mold, and unhygienic elements (rodents, birds, insects, garbage), as well as inspecting any openings and leaking or damaged ducting in the HVAC system.
- Visually examine HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) systems for maintenance problems unclean ducts, plenums, AC coils, or air filters as well as mold or water damage from AC spills or leaks; and leaks or openings in ducts and plenums that permit air to escape.
- We will test for contaminants including carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, combustion gases, dust and particulates, total VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds), and bioaerosols (mold, bacteria, and allergens).
- Inspect rooms for damage from moisture intrusion/mold, pet dander, and dust
- Check for hazardous cleaning or maintenance substances in the kitchen, laundry, or utility rooms
- Check for gas leaks and carbon monoxide in any furnaces, fireplaces, and any other gas appliances
- Check vacuum cleaners for HEPA filters
- In sub-areas, crawlspaces or basements, examine for similar unhygienic conditions, including issues with sewage or plumbing, as well as natural water leaks, leaking or damaged ducting, wood preservative (creosote), moisture and mold, and any openings and ventilation.
Optional Sampling for addt’l charges – as Needed:
- EMMA (Environmental Mold and Mycotoxin Assessment) Dust samples are tested to check for 15 of the most poisonous mycotoxins due to mold growth from water damage.
- Full Chemical VOC Analysis – Identification and quantification of hundreds of chemicals present in the location. Including combustion byproducts. (One test is good for up to 2,000 square feet)
- Formaldehyde Test – formaldehyde can be in flooring, paint, fabric, furniture, and adhesives.
- Allergen Identification – Sample of dust is sent to the lab to identify dangerous levels of allergens such as pollen and pet dander, cockroach and dust mites.
- Additional Air sampling with unknown particle identification
- Bacterial Testing – swab samples to check for lingering bacterial problems
- Liquid Samples – can be tested for a wide array of contaminants
- Tobacco Smoke Testing
- Lead Testing
- Radon Testing
- Asbestos Testing
If you don’t see the type of specific testing you are looking for, please ask one of our certified environmental consultants.